WHO chief said he was ‘deeply concerned’ after at least 500 suspected Ebola cases and 130 deaths reported in outbreak of Bundibugyo strain‘It’s heartbreaking’: panic in eastern DRC over return of EbolaGlobal health leaders are considering whether vaccines or medicines still in development could be used to fight Ebola in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, as the World Health Organization’s chief said he was deeply concerned by the outbreak’s speed and scale.Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said there had been at least 500 suspected cases of Ebola and 130 suspected deaths in DRC since the new outbreak began – up from about 200 cases and 65 deaths when it was announced on Friday. Continue reading...
Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2026/may/19/ebola-outbreak-drc-who-tedros-adhanom-ghebreyesus-deeply-concerned
World
WHO considers use of experimental vaccines as Ebola cases and deaths rise in DRC
Article Top Ad Zone
Article Middle Ad Zone
Article Bottom Ad Zone
Original Source: www.theguardian.com
Share
Comments
Comment system is currently disabled.