President Donald Trump on Wednesday said the US was ready to proceed with further attacks on Iran if the latter did not agree to a peace deal, but suggested Washington could wait a few days to "get the right answers," Reuters reports Speaking to reporters, Trump said the situation could escalate quickly.

"Believe me, if we don't get the right answers, it goes very quickly. We're all ready to go," he said at Joint Base Andrews. Asked how long he would wait, Trump said, "It could be a few days, but it could go very quickly."

In turn, Iran warned against renewed attacks. "If aggression against Iran is repeated, the promised regional war will extend beyond the region this time," the Revolutionary Guards said in a statement. Iran has also created the “Persian Gulf Strait Authority” to control the movement of transport through the vital waterway of the Strait of Hormuz.

Trump reiterated his determination not to allow Iran to acquire a nuclear weapon. "We're in the final stages of Iran. We'll see what happens. Either have a deal or we're going to do some things that are a little bit nasty, but hopefully that won't happen," Trump told reporters earlier in the day. "Ideally I'd like to see few ⁠people killed, as opposed to a lot. We can do it either way."

Source: https://news.am/en/news/1037088